Thursday, April 01, 2004

Run Away!.... Again!!

With my computer up and running this week, I decided to celebrate by doing two things: 1. I've been playing the UT2004 demo like hell. 2. I picked up a game I've been meaning to get my hands on for a while: Call of Duty.

Now usually I don't buy PC games, especially if they're only for Windows, but I had to make an exception here. Call of Duty is simply one of the most intense games I've ever played. I can't think of any other game that has made me actually yell out "Ahhhhh!!" when something I wasn't expecting happened. You get scared, you don't want to go where they want you to go, then you remember since it's a videogame you don't have much of a choice. Another nice touch is that you're part of a squad, and a whole squad moving through a town blowing shit up just seems a lot more feasible than one superhero type character taking on an entire army himself. It's a damn fun time this game is, and I haven't even mentioned the multiplayer yet, so I will: It's good.

There are way too many World War II themed games out there right now, but this one just gets it right. Now quit it with the fucking WWII games, move along.

No comments: