Thursday, February 12, 2004

Dress!

When I first heard the concept of Wario Ware Inc Mega Microgames, I thought it seemed like a novel idea. Hell, it might even be fun. Boy was I underestimating the power of that little Game Boy cartridge.

When Mindy first opened up the box on her birthday, I looked over her shoulder as she booted up the game and promptly skipped the opening sequence (something I never do...) going straight into the game. Boy is that shit hectic. If you aren't familiar with the premise of the game, it is as such: Each round of the game consists of a set of "microgames", which only last about 5 seconds. You'll be brushing teeth, playing short bits of Nintendo classics, and other things that you really need to see to realize the fun factor, all at a very fast pace. Like I said: Boy is that shit hectic. The idea, which could have ended up as something horribly unplayable, works perfectly.

Anyway, I'm currently in the process of downloading Legends. I wish it would hurry the fuck up because the game seems damn cool. I've heard it around that Legends is some sort of clone or attempt to create a free version of Tribes 2 (a game I've never played) but I don't know how true that is, nor do I really care. Assuming I can get it to install (I read of a few people having install problems over at happypenguin.org) I'll have more on that later.

No comments: