Thursday, February 19, 2004

Nein

I'd really like to say that I've been playing Legends all week and enjoying the hell out of it, but I can't. I can't even tell if I enjoy it yet because now that I've finally finished taking forever to get the game to run halfway decent on my system, there's never anybody on a server to play with. If I can actually find a server with some people on it, and my experience isn't marred by lag or a slow framerate, it seems like it could be a very cool game. We'll see.

I've been finding it harder and harder lately to stop myself from starting up Cube to see if there's a good game going. More often than not, there is. I've been meaning to try tracking down that Cube CTF mod, I'm a huge capture the flag fan. The only problem is I have to navigate a site where all the content is in german to try to find it, I just hope the mod itself isn't entirely in german. If it is, I just hope I can remember the bit of german I learned in middle school.

Speaking of things in german, I really can't wait that much longer for Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gut und Bose. I don't even think there's a release date yet, and I'm pissed. I've never played Xenogears, but I'm thinking about trying to find it just to hold me over. See, I enjoyed the hell out of the first Xenosaga, all the way until just before the end. Then it happened: I had spent a week doing nothing but playing Xenosaga and was intent on making it to the end, and I had made it, but what's this? Shitty pop music? With WORDS? The soundtrack, albeit almost nonexistent, had given me no troubles for the previous 98% of the game, why start with the cheese now? Shitty ending music aside, it was one of the best times I've ever had playing a videogame. I hope Episode II can live up to that.

No comments: