Thursday, February 05, 2004

Like This Is Any Better...

I swear, If is wasn't for good stuff like Penny Arcade and the occasional interesting thing on Slashdot the internet would be entirely useless to me. Anyway...

Speaking of Penny Arcade, it was basically on their recommendation that I bought Wario Ware Mega MicroGame$ for Mindy's birthday. I checked out a few other reviews of it, and it looks pretty hectic. I (or hopefully Mindy) will have more on that later. Oh yeah, and something about me getting Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance for Mindy's B-Day as well, I haven't seen too much of it yet though, not a huge MK fan...

While we're on the topic of GBA games, I picked up Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising, and although it hasn't cured me of my Final Fantasy Tactics Advance addiction (by the way, does every single GBA title need to have advance in the name?), it is a pretty good game. The turn-based gameplay and "save whenever the hell you feel like it" feature make it nice to pick up for quick bouts of strategizing, and the ability to play a two player game on one Game Boy is pretty nifty as well. I'll definetely keep playing it, whenever Mindy and I aren't playing Crash Nitro Kart.

Yeah, so Crash Nitro Kart is mostly Crash Team Racing upgraded to look like a PS2 game. Everyone's been talking about it, it's fairly obvious. I'll still stand here and defend it as a good game, well, because Crash Team Racing was a good game. Anyone who's been around here for a (drunken) four-player CTR match will attest to that, and the gameplay holds up for Crash Nitro Kart. I have to admit though, I'm really wishing I had a Game Cube so I could get me some of that Mario Kart: Double Dash goodness....

No comments: